I hate the cliche of "Where did the month go?"
But. I haven't posted anything since Thanksgiving. And December, being one of the best months of the year, was left undocumented. So, here are some bullet points of the last month of 2012.
- We went to some work Christmas parties
- Beau surprised me with a Garmin running watch for Christmas!
- I surprised him with a wrecked car, providing an opportunity for me to give him a great Christmas present of a new one. We now have twinner Hyundais. Good thing they are different colors. I know if I've gotten in the wrong car when I see the gear shift and realize I can't drive a manual.
- Don't worry, it wasn't a bad accident. I swear, I JUST LOOKED DOWN FOR A SECOND and then this parked car just appeared out of no where and then I'm massively sideswiping the poor car and blowing out a tire and careening across the road. It's not hard to total a car when it's worth about $1,000. And, apparently, axles cost that much.
- Beau worked really hard all semester and during finals week and did super well in his classes. 1 semester down..... a bunch more to go!
-We got to spend almost a week in Colorado with Beau's family for Christmas. We love our relaxing unscheduled days there! Beau plays basketball and raquetball, I go for long runs, we walk the dog, play with nieces and nephews, and play games with the family. Lovely.
- We like our apartment in Manassas and are settling in well. Does someone want to come and decorate for me? I'm getting lazy. I still have a Thanksgiving print on the mantle. Next to the Merry Christmas sign. And across the room from the empty picture frame leaning against the wall.
- To try to combat the picture I'm painting for you of my domestic prowess, I am loving cooking lately. I don't know what it is, exactly, but I just get to excited to make dinner. My "main dish" board on Pinterest is pretty rockin. Would it be weird, friends, if I started posting my favorite recipe of the week? I just get so psyched about recipes and I would love for someone else to share in that joy.
And there you have it. See you in another few weeks.