Tuesday, January 12, 2010

what we learned in 2009

- Beau may have a hard time getting to an 8am class on time, but 6am basketball is not a problem.
- Mackenzie is much happier when she is riding regularly.
- Beau is much happier when Mackenzie is riding regularly.
- 30 Rock > The Office
- Latina ladies at California Tortilla see Beau as a pretty cute green card.
- How not to run a business. I don't think I should go any further, because this IS the internets, after all.
- If you're subletting your apartment, change the bills our of your name because the other tenants miiiight not pay their bills.
- Beau is a much better Russian student than engineering.
- Just because you had a calling in nursery in one ward does not make you immune to it in the next.
- You can go until about December 3rd without turning the heat on in your apartment.


I am one week into my last semester at BYU (except for 1 class in the spring- but we won't count that. And maybe more if I want to repeat classes to raise my GPA) and already counting down the days till we can leave Utah. Too bad Beau doesn't graduate until December 2010. Less than a year, right?

I am finishing up the interviews for the Placement Program with a trip to St. George this weekend, and just started a new job as a secretary in the Sociology department. The highlight of my day is getting the mail. Beau has been reffing for Provo City basketball and should be starting work with the census soon administering surveys to the Russian American population.

Hm, no pictures for this one? Let's pick a random one from the archives of my computer.

Scrawny newborn Carson.

4 comments:

  1. Cute blog.

    Starting a business??

    I love the riding part. :)

    Yay for one more semester. And no one cares about your GPA- all they care about is a degree.... unless you plan on furthering your education. Does that make me look like an underachiever? umm...

    Well, I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh I do love that picture. I want to snuggle him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too bad, Utah will be sad to see you go :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are funny Mackenzie. Loved this post!

    ReplyDelete