Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Excuses, excuses

I used to think that I was really good at getting stuff done. I'm a master list maker and an aggressive goal setter.

Man, the past couple of weeks have been exhausting for me. I'm running from one thing to the next, often leaving the house with multiple bags and changes of clothes, both leaving and returning home while it's dark out. Today, I was giddy at the thought of not having anything planned after work. A whole evening! To get things done! But, did I do any of it? Of course not. Did I get to bed early, like I dreamed? Nope.

One thing that has been on my to do list for quite some time is to spit out a blog post. I was trying to write about Trail Days and some trail magic, but that now that seems like old news.
Some bullets, mostly so I can feel like I accomplished some sort of update:

- I'm getting SO excited for the beach next month. Isn't OBX just the dreamiest place on earth? Latest count is 67 people in attendance. It should be 68, but Beau has finals that week.
- Has anyone been watching the new Arrested Development episodes? Not awesome, right?.I mean, I'm still watching them and laughing, but... Not awesome.
- I am able to start offering lessons out of a farm in Manassas. So excited. Especially because money I make through horses counts as "personal money" and I'm allowed to spend it on stuff for myself. 
- I got a little promotion at work! There's been some rearranging in the department. I'll be doing collections and generally have more responsibility. Exciting stuff, responsibility is.
- My mom and Ashley and Tim and Soren are in Israel! Reading my mom's daily emails is a treat. Especially because most of the details and photos are food related. Really that's the main reason she went, to eat authentic hummus and falafel.

Well, That is going to be all for now, since I've wasted enough time really convince myself to go to bed.

Hope everyone's having a lovely start to their summer!

1 comment: