It's almost November, and I have a lot of goals and things I want to commit myself to. Especially since we are moving next weekend about 45 minutes south to Manassas. Moving is always crazy, of course, but this apartment is furnished and we've been mostly packed up since we left West Jordan a year and a half ago. I'm mostly excited, but also kind of uncharacteristically anxious. I don't like the idea of having to find new running and cycling routes when I'm so comfortable with the ones I have in Ashburn, I'm not looking forward to having a slightly longer commute until my office moves to the new place just 5 miles from the new apartment, and I especially don't like that I'll be so lonely in the evening. Beau is hardly ever home, going straight from work to school or studying. Without having my parents and my sister's family around, things will be awfully quiet!
To help combat the couple hours of dead time in the evening, I've made up some goals for myself for November:
- Move into Manassas apartment and get things organized
- Come up with some DIY decor ideas to make it our own
- Continue to cook/eat the same way my mama does: creative, planned ahead of time, based around clean foods, and using meat sparingly
- Find good running routes around our new place
- Continue to run 35+ miles per week, with strength training and cycling on cross training days
- Establish our Mint.com budget
- Find good things to occupy my free time after work- scripture reading, learning to be crafty, journal writing, etc.
Too much? Possibly.