I've been having some difficulty with my computer's power cord (as in, it doesn't work) so we'll have to do an update with no pictures. Boo.
Why I love summer:
- WORKING. Being productive! Making money! Right now I'm teaching a few lessons a week as well as regular barn work. Camp starts in a couple weeks and then I'll really get busy. 24+ kids in the barn at once- sounds like a good time. PetSmart grooming was kind enough to take me back part time until camp, so I've been back with the doggies twice a week. I smell delicious.
- Time for new hobbies. Beau and I picked up tennis, something we'd never really done before. I mostly like it because I have a chance at beating Beau.
- Riding! Oh, and I even have a photo for this one. Killian is my lease for the summer, and he is fantastic.
Beau likes my game face in this one. You'd look like that too if you knew you had to halt from a hand gallop after this fence. We got a third in this class!
- Our transient lifestyle. We split our time between my house in Ashburn and my boss's house in Purcellville. We like the idea of becoming professional house sitters, as we enjoyed our time at two family's homes while they were away.
- Family! Living with the Holmes's has been splendid. Adriel's catch phrases have made it into our regular vocabulary. And it's okay with me that the girls like Beau better than me. We've been to the Tagg's for Sunday dinner twice, and we got to have a sleepover with Zack and Jocelyn.
- Summer fruit sales. I have eaten more strawberries with sour cream and brown sugar than ever imagined. Try it.
- Realizing on Sunday that your make up bag is still in the car from last Sunday. And that your straightener and blowdryer haven't been unpacked. And that you didn't bring any heels home from Utah.